Well, December is officially here.
2016 is almost over.
Safe to say that this was a pretty tough year for all of us, and we’re ALL looking for something better come 2017. But we’re not in 2017 yet, so I’m hoping to end my year on a high note, and get some stuff done.
Here are some things I’d like to accomplish:
* Do that thing I can’t talk about yet – DONE
* Talk about that thing I can’t talk about yet – coming soon to a blog post near you (soon, all the vague will be explained!)
* Clean my apartment – considering the state my place was left in back in SEPTEMBER thanks to The Great Living Room Wall Crisis 2k16 (Chronicled here, here, and finally here), I REALLY need to go through my place room by room and get things back in order. Now that volleyball season is over, I’ll actually have TIME to do that. Trying to sleep in a room that contains 40% of the stuff that used to be in my living room is actually kind of stressful considering that I try to only use my bedroom for sleeping purposes.
* Write for 30 minutes every day – blog posts, You Will Find Your Way, edits to the MS that I hope to get published, and starting in on the second book in that MS’ series, whatever it is, I just need to write for 30 minutes a day. Writing makes me feel better and writing makes me handle life better and I KNOW that, and now I just have to keep remaining myself to take the time to do it.
Now, the above note was actually inspired by Nephele Tempest, whom I follow on Twitter in part of my early attempts to figure out which literary agents I should query to once I get my MS completely up to snuff. Tempest’s blog featured a post about the December Writing Challenge: 2016, a post-Nano, keep-up-your-writing-momentum type challenge, and I think that’s really important.
So I’m going to do it.
* Scrape some cash together by doing some freelance writing, editing, proofreading – I’d like to get some extra money saved up, especially considering how damaging the holidays are to one’s wallet, so it’s time to side-gig!
Now those are just some of the big things I can think of off the top of my head, but I know that December is going to be a good month. It HAS to be a good month, because I won’t accept anything different.
In case you haven’t noticed yet (and boy you will), I’m really stubborn.
So here’s to a successful and productive end to whatever 2016 was.
-Kathryn, the Fake Redhead